Pages

March 1, 2011

Holy Hell.....

Where to start….It’s been a rough week to say the least….The father-in-law was admitted back into the hospital on Thursday, the day before the benefit!! His calcium levels were over the top. His liver was in a small failure and his kidney function was not were it should have been!!  So apparently they had him taking 2000mg of calcium a day, but his body started to produce it so it was on overload…After many bags of fluid and some tweaking of his meds he seems to be doing good enough to be released today...The benefit went off without a hitch…The compliments that myself, Nikki & J received was awesome…We raised a ton of cash, a S%$# ton of cash!! Everyone was so generous and the staff at the hall were incredible! I have realized over these past couple days that I truly, madly and deeply love my family..My husband is my saving grace and my rock…I wake up every morning for my kids and to see their smiles…My mother-in-law is in a league all her own..She is a wonderful woman who takes EVERYTHING in stride!! She manages to keep her head level and make sure that she is doing what’s best for her. I will say this, my mom & dad are so important to me, without them I really don’t know where I would be…If anything ever happened to them like this I would fall to pieces..But not my hubby, he has remained strong and positive through this all…He stands by me and does what is right…His family has welcomed me into theirs like I was their own…To them I will always be grateful…With that being said, I must also do what is best for my family…After putting everything on hold for the past 12 weeks with this benefit it is now time for my family and I to get some alone time and get back to being a family…J and I have not been hanging out with the kids like we used to. We were so focused on this benefit being great that we really lost sight of our “family life”.  We are going to take a break from our friends and really get down to being with C & P…We of course will still be seeing our usual people that we have to interact with everyday but mostly just us focusing on our family...Our friends who have been seeing us on a daily basis understand what has to be done…This post is just me really realizing that the stress and drama that had taken over our lives because of this benefit, was starting to have negative outcomes on J and my marriage and home…During the benefit we would disagree about something I said, but Nikki could say the same thing only change a few words and it would be great…It was actually an inside joke between us, but just goes to show that the stress level between J and I was getting to the breaking point…Of course we would never go to bed angry or take it out in front of anyone but it was just getting to that point…Nikki has now filed for legal separation from us..LOL Until we get back into the swing of things…J and I need to find some alone time for dinner or a nice walk sometime coming up….These past 3 months have tested us…God knows it has tested us…But I think that it only has brought us closer and stronger in our marriage..It has proven that we can really make it through what would have been one of our darkest hours..That I was able to be there for my mother in law and stand strong without him by my side..But when push comes to shove J, C, P and I are all that matters in this world..They are what sustains my everyday life and why I take each breath every second of everyday. So for that I am grateful to the man upstairs…

In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.

Unconditional love is loving your kids for who they are, not for what they do ... it isn't something you will achieve every minute of every day. But it is the thought we must hold in our hearts every day.


Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment